I am specialised in Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) as well as Facial Plastic Surgery. I studied medicine at the Christian Albrechts University in Kiel and passed my specialist training at the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein in L├╝beck, one of the long-standing treatment centres for ear deformities. IÔÇÖve been working as a consultant there since 2010.
One of the main areas of my work at the clinic is in the field of hearing implants. In 2013 I was promoted to an assistant professor for research about active middle ear implants in deformed middle ears. Middle ear implants are the continuing focus of my research activities.
Furthermore, I work in the field of reconstructive face and middle ear surgery. My training means I can perform plastic ear reconstructive surgery to the highest level. Since 2005 I have treated many patients with congenital ear malformations, who come from the whole of Germany and from around the whole world to L├╝beck.
I am a member of the Germany Society for Otorhinolaryngology & Head-and-Neck-Surgery and the International Society for Auricular Reconstruction.
- Frenzel H, Wollenberg B, Steffen A, Nitsch S. (2008)┬á
In-vivo perfusion analysis of normal and dysplastic ears and its implication on total auricular reconstruction.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg, 61 Suppl 1:S21-8.
- Frenzel H, Hanke F, Beltrame M, Steffen A, Sch├Ânweiler R, Wollenberg B.┬á
Application of the Vibrant Soundbridge┬« to unilateral osseous atresia cases.
- Frenzel H, Hanke F, Beltrame M, Wollenberg B. (2010)
Application of the Vibrant Soundbridge┬« in bilateral congenital atresia in toddlers. Acta Otolaryngol.
- Cremers CW, O'Connor AF, Helms J, Roberson J, Clar├│s P, Frenzel H, Profant M, Schmerber S, Streitberger C, Baumgartner WD, Orfila D, Pringle M, Cenjor C, Giarbini N, Jiang D, Snik AF.┬á
International consensus on Vibrant Soundbridge┬« implantation in children and adolescents. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol.
- Frenzel H, Sch├Ânweiler R, Hanke F, Steffen A, Wollenberg B.┬á
The L├╝beck flowchart for functional and aesthetic rehabilitation of aural atresia and microtia.
- Otol Neurootol. 2012 Oct;33(8):1363-7.
- Frenzel H, Sprinzl G, Widmann G, Petersen D, Wollenberg B, Mohr C.┬á
Grading system for the selection of patients with congenital aural atresia for active middle ear implants. Neuroradiology.
- Agterberg MJ, Frenzel H, Wollenberg B, Somers T, Cremers CW, Snik AF.┬á
Amplification options in unilateral aural atresia: an active middle ear implant or a bone conduction device? Otol Neurotol.
- Frenzel H, Sprinzl G, Streitberger C, Stark T, Wollenberg B, Wolf-Magele A, Giarbini N, Strenger T, M├╝ller J, Hempel JM.┬á
The Vibrant Soundbridge in Children and Adolescents: Preliminary European Multicenter Results. Otol Neurotol.
2015 Jun 23.